Katherine Knight was born on Texas Independence Day in Fort Worth, Texas. She is an insurance defense litigator with 40 years of experience. She has practiced extensively in state and federal courts handling cases involving insurance coverage, personal injury, commercial law, commercial transportation, homeowners' association law, and municipal law. She worked as a trial attorney for the City of Dallas from 1983 until 1993, where she first-chaired over 30 jury trials and dozens of municipal court trials. She also worked as in-house claims attorney managing professional liability litigation for insurance carriers. She represents clients in trial courts, appellate courts and arbitration throughout Texas.
- Obtained a walkaway settlement in a multi-million dollar, multi-party Carmack Amendment lawsuit.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a Tex. Bus. & Com. Code Sec. 27.01 fraud in a real estate transaction multi-million dollar arbitration.
- Obtained a favorable settlement mid-trial in a personal injury case seeking damages for a traumatic brain injury.
Professional and Community Activities
- Council Member, State Bar of Texas Insurance Law Section, 2021-2023
- Author, Insurance Law Section Journal, 2021, Duty to Settle for Liability Insurers: Stowers or Statutory?
- Author, Texas Bar Blog, Absent Respondeat Superior, A Negligent Entrustment Action Should Not Impose Vicarious Liability on the Entrustor
- Writer/Video Director and Producer, Dallas Bar None
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 1982
- Texas Tech University, B.A. in Foreign Language,1976
- State Bar of Texas, 1982
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States 5th Circuit Court of Appeals